- Download the Linux version.
- In the Safari Downloads window, right click (or option click) the umbrella jar file and select 'Show In Finder' (It is likely to be /Users/<your username/Downloads)
- Open Terminal (Spotlight "Terminal" click it)
- cd <Directory from #2>
- ie cd Downloads
- sudo java -jar umbrella-4.01.03.jar
- Enter your admin password
This should get you around the authenticated launcher issues on only some machines. A VAST majority of you don't have any issues but there are a few of you that do.
I've updated TinyUmbrella to support the new 3G & iPod Touch 2G SHSH requirements that iTunes 9.2 imposes on firmware 4.0 and above.
Unfortunately, there is no way to save your 4.0 SHSH for ANY DEVICE as the window for 4.0 SHSH signatures has closed.
However, you can save your 4.0.1 SHSH for those devices and still be safe as @comex has said:
"SHSH blobs for 4.0.1 or 4.0 are fine; AFAIK there are no substantive differences except the bars"
I've also added a few preferences for those of you that care to dig into the app. Enjoy.